SourceGas - Rip off Gas service repair

Cozad, Nebraska 0 comments
2.0

I had a gas water heater that the thermal coupler went on. I went on vacation so my wife called source Gas to fix it.

This man named Jesse from Cozad Nebraska came out and wasn't here long. He just went on what my wife told the one taking her call what it was doing. She told them that the pilot would not light but in reality it would light it just would not stay lit. So the *** just decided not to test the thermocouple and automatically figured it was the burn unit not lighting.

The pilot would light it just would not stay lit. Any real service guy first would of checked the thermocouple. Anyway he puts it in and charges 1 1/2 hours labor lights it and leaves. It stays lit until the water gets to temp and then it goes out you have to relight it and let it get to hot again .

Point is this Gas company is gonna charge 297.63 for what a water heater that is not working. So when I get home I call source gas and tell them it still is not working and now they wanna charge me more. Jesse the tech calls the next day and says the only other thing it can be is the valve and say it would cost 300.00 bucks more to fix. Still no mention of the thermocouple a 12 dollar part what a rip.

I ended up fixing it myself and guess what it was all along. The Thermocouple.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sourcegas Water Heater Repair.

Reason of review: Mis diagnosed problem still not working product.